Thursday 21 October 2010

Wrong Finger

I have started to wear my High School Ring again after finding it during my two month long unpacking into Rrunuv Bayit. (Still not done yet.) I have been wearing it on the ring finger of my right hand, and it is a little too tight. I noticed this last time I put it on. All day I kept swapping it between this finger and my two pinkys, it is a little big for the pinkys. I assumed, like the other times I have tried it on recently, that as I got older my fingers got bigger and now it doesn't fit. Then I remembered in class today that I had it fitted, when I was 19, to go on the ring finger of my left hand. Yes, where a wedding band would go. I think my reasoning was that it is always easier to wear jewelry on your non-working hand, seeing that I rarely wear any. Also that I liked the idea of being 'married to my education' and had dreams of getting university rings for the same finger. (So lame, I know.) Well, people are getting married now, married to people, and I am of the age that a ring on that finger is strange. I guess it didn't matter when I was 19, as that reality was so far away but now I would just feel weird wearing a ring on that one. It feels off limits unless it was a huge fashion ring that no one could mistake as anything. I slipped the ring on the wedding finger to check, and sure enough it fits perfectly. Stupid 19 year old self!

No comments: