Wednesday 20 September 2006

School Ring

I'm wearing my high school ring today, also my high school gymnastics hoodie but that is another story. The ring is on the ring finger of my left hand. I think this is where wedding rings are supposed to go, so I guess I'm married to my education, which is about right. I got the ring the year I graduated and it is beautiful. My parents got it for me from the downtown jewelry store back home. It is tiny, and has a little red stone in it, Garnet I believe. I wanted to change some things about the ring but couldn't. I wanted a ruby stone. It is silver and I would have preferred white gold. It is hallow, like most school rings, and I wanted it filled so it would be solid. I wanted to writing on it switched, the PDHS more indented then the year (2003), but the mold was for the other way around. I realize now that I love it just like this. I was being irrationally picky and snobby. It is perfect the way it is, wearing it is really making my day better.

No comments: