Sunday 31 October 2010

A Real Neighbourhood

Kristen and I gave out Halloween candy this year! Every Halloween in Ottawa my roommates and I would buy candy and try/plan to give it away to kids. However, often none would show up or very few. Old Ottawa South was a pretty family orientated neighbourhood but it still didn't feel like the type of Halloween frolicking that I had in Paris growing up. I'm sad that I only get to see my friends costumes this year over Facebook and I do miss the awesome parties we used to have in Ottawa. This year was awesome though. Kristen and I sat on our little front porch for half an hour. We lit a couple of candles from IKEA and had a bag of candy. The street was filled with families going trick-or-treating!! Kids of all ages came by and it was a lot of fun. It felt like what I remember Halloween being.

No comments: