Friday 29 October 2010

Added Perks

I don't know if this is universal across all university graduate programs, but at Ryerson the length of time you can take a book out of the university library is different dependant on the level of program you are in. At Carleton, in my undergrad, I could borrow books for around a month. As a Masters student at Ryerson, we get the whole year! I took out some books to do research for an essay proposal I had due this week and they aren't due back for two whole terms, sometime in April. Sadly, the Ryerson library is really bad for Literature texts. I found that their selection was about a tenth of what I had available for me at Carleton (and that is sad.) However, we can get student access cards to the University of Toronto libraries, including the Literature and Graduate Level specific ones! I haven't been yet but am going to check it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At Newcastle we got other library services free... like photocopying, printing and interlibrary loans! It's great being a postgrad!