Monday 13 September 2010

If I Can Make It There

New York City has been on my mind lately, I don't really know why. I thought I would post a bit of this article about the World's Rudest Cities, that speaks about NYC. "It's where the best of the best come from all over the world, clamouring over each other in a mad dash to get to their respective top - be it acting, writing, finance or worldwide domination. So New Yorkers can be forgiven for being a rough and tumble crowd. At anytime, you're walking amongst the most competitive, cut throat species in the world, and the most dejected, dispirited failures who've been repeatedly told they're crap. It's natural selection at its most brutal." I would love to live there for a little while at some point in my life. However, besides the fact that the cost is insane, I don't know how I would handle that need to be at the top of your respective field. (Not that I even know what my 'field' currently is.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think I'd ever want to live in NYC...Chicago perhaps OR San Fran!

Teri

Jannedals said...

This reminds me of Will Smith in Men in Black: "The best of the best of the best.....SIR!"
The best of the geographers do not live in NYC. I can hardly see people competitively making maps on every street corner, although that would be awesome. Step aside, accountants, the cartographers are exploring their way through! Oh wait, that's already been done.