Friday 17 September 2010

I Guess It's A Good Thing

It is always nice to be at a point in your weight loss when pants are too big and belts are needed. (I say this like it has happened before and I lose weight all the time, it hasn't and I don't.) JennB told me, "Just wait until you pull out your winter clothes, none of them will fit." I don't really have winter clothes, I just have clothes and then a few things that I only wear in the summer. I don't own many clothes. However, she was right. I returned from the trip and all of my pants are too big. It was great! I have to wear a belt with literally everything. Seriously, if I could find a way to wear a belt with my yoga pants so they would stay up and I could keep wearing them I would rock that style, since I'm cheap/poor and it is scary how many new clothes I need to buy. The scarier thing is that now, I'm starting to be too small for my belts. All through the trip and even before I left, I was dancing on the line of the last belt hole, it wasn't quite working anymore, I needed to punch a new one. I have since punched a few new ones in one of my belts and that will do for now. However, the thick fashion belt that I wear with my red dress, and some other things, is now too big. I can't punch a new hole in that, I don't even think that it came in other sizes. Now I'm going to have to go hunting for one, and for some reason they are insanely expensive. I know that on the one hand it is a good thing that while walking down the street the belt that is supposed to be sitting just under my chest, keeps falling down. But on the other hand, the slight embarrassment and annoyance with that happening, the whole loss of wardrobe, and need to replace it when things are financially tight, is really a pain.

1 comment:

Jannedals said...

I think it's so impressive that you're doing this, especially since you're a poor starving student. I don't have many clothes either but I don't really change from "Giant", so it works out.