Saturday 17 July 2010

Guest Writer - How I Know Chris - ERin

From ERin in Edmonton:

How I Know Chris

I met Chris while I was a federal student worker with Natural Resources Canada at 615 Booth Street during the summer of 2008. I was the first student to arrive at the lovely federal complex, and was also the best dressed in the office on my first day. Dressing professionally eventually stopped as I soon realized that no one in the federal government dresses all that great to begin with and that really, we are all biding our time until coffee break.

Chris showed up a month or so later, strutting around in her professional, federal workers outfit and was soon introduced to the other students as well as myself. Since Chris was around all of our ages we hung out for most of that summer, getting to know each other and sampling the delicious Italian pastas and desserts on Preston Street.

The next summer I came back on contract with the same job and was rather excited to find out that Chris would be working there as well! The summer of 2008 was a pretty good bonding experience for us. We hung out a lot more, stole food from the cafeteria and went running. Ahh yes, running. Helping Chris get back into running form found me yelling things like “COME ON!!! ONLY UNTIL THE NEXT SIGN!!” and “I’M NOT YELLING!” It was a ton of fun, but the best parts were definitely going swimming at Mooney’s Bay or running around in the little water park by her house after the hour of running torture.

I moved out to Alberta at the end of that summer but kept in touch with Chris through email and phone. Chris was one of the guests at my wedding and one of my ladies at my fantastic bachelorette party. Chris and Annz definitely “brought the party”. Chris will be making the trek out to the thriving metropolis of Edmonton this summer and it will be fantastic to see her!

No comments: