Wednesday 14 April 2010

Why I'm Not Running

Ottawa has started to have great weather, but I haven't started to run again yet. I'm a little less motivated because there is no real guarantee that I will come back to the city to do the Army Run again in September, also Curves is going really well. I might need new shoes but I won't know that until I run a few times in the old ones. I also want to wait for JennB to move in so that I can start running with her dog, Oliver, I don't want to get too far ahead of the little guy in terms of my training. However, the real reason is ... I'm waiting for the canal to get filled up. (Actually a few days after since it smells pretty bad right after they do it.)

5 comments:

JennB said...

And Oliver will allow you to begin at a very slow pace. He may also provide you with an upper body workout since sometimes he just quits and needs to be carried.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous, running with a dog. Much more fun, though when I tried running with Rusty he was pulling me along for the first half km then acting as an anchor the rest of the time.
Mum

Unknown said...

How big is Oliver?

Erin said...

Come with me! I've already started training for the Army Run!

JennB said...

Oliver weighs 18 pounds, most of the time.