Monday 12 April 2010

Rejected Twice

I came home today to two letters from the University of Toronto, both rejecting me from the grad program I had applied for. I'm ok with it since I have already decided on Ryerson, and paid a deposit to them. (There was also a Ryerson letter waiting for me too, explaining that they are giving me $3000 more in funding which is great news.) The main letter from UofT went as follows:
It is with regret that I write to inform you that you have not been accepted for the MA in English in the Field of Creative Writing. The admissions process proved intensely competitive. Of the ninety applicants, we only accepted sever students this year. All of the applications were of high quality. We appreciate your interest in the program and wish you good luck with your writing.
The other letter basically explained what factors they had considered, thanked me for applying, and explained again that they couldn't offer me a place in the program. How nice of them to tell me twice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, no one likes rejection. Glad you had already decided on Ryerson and didn't need To anyway. Wow, 7 out of 90.
Nice to know that Ryerson wants you $3000 more!
Mum

Unknown said...

Oh, U of T.

I didn't hear you'd decided on Ryerson though! WOO!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about that Chris - although those are very detailed rejection letters! 7 people is so tiny.

Congrats on the extra money though :)