Friday 23 April 2010

Muddled In My Mind

Understandably, because of their names I guess, I always confuse these guys:
H. G. Wells - Turn of the century Science Fiction author. Wrote War of the Worlds published in 1898.
Orson Welles - 1940's & 50's movie actor and director. Preformed a radio play of H. G. Wells War of the Worlds in 1938. Directed and stared in Citizen Kane in 1941.
Oscar Wilde - A Victorian era, late 1800's, writer. Wrote the novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray, in 1890. Wrote the satirical play, The Importance of Being Earnest, in 1895. Was gay and imprisoned for it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely get the first two mixed up... but not Oscar Wilde.

Justin said...

The Importance of Being Earnest was surprisingly good.

Anonymous said...

OH Oscar Wilde should have imprisoned... but not for being gay. He should have rightly been locked up for making me read his novels in university english. Yawn.
Love, T