Friday 2 April 2010

An Afternoon With Mike - Part 1

Little Brother Mike and I are lying on respective sofas in the living room. I having arrived a few hours earlier and him the day before. He is playing on his new iPhone and I am reading.
Mom: Can one of you go upstairs and grab a pillow for your dad?
Me: Shot not.
Mike: Nope, TI.
Me: Huh? What?
Mike: T.I.
Me: Yea, I have no idea what that means.
Mike: TI - Time In.
Me: I still don't get it.
Mike: Means I have been here longer.
Me: Moooom, Mike is acronyming me again.
Don't worry, one of us went up and got it, though at the moment I can't remember which. Also, "Time In" is some sort of military seniority thing, as in they have had more "Time In" the army than someone else so don't have to listen to them, or they get to boss them around, or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh good god. Stupid acronyms!!!!

ERin

Kristen said...

But who got the pillow? You have had more T.I. life.