Saturday 3 April 2010

An Afternoon With Mike - Part 2

Mike is doing online training modules as part of some type of explosives training. He is on a course at the moment. Still lying on respective sofas I was still reading while he was studying.
Mike: Chris, I may need your help with the next module thing, the guys on course said the questions are hard. Like, it is really tough science stuff. "It's Tuesday and you have a proton but the nucleus is 3", kind of thing.
Me: What?
I did help him and all my high school (and some of my university) math, physics, and chemistry came rushing back. I guess there hasn't really been many changes in those areas; X-rays and Gamma rays still move as waves, electrons are still orbiting the nucleus, there are negative and positively charged things in vacuum, that whole deal.

No comments: