Monday 22 March 2010

The Weekend Of Aging

Teri came to visit this weekend. She brought her friend Christine. (To avoid confusion, and because of our personal preferences, Christine is Christine and I am Chris. However, people still mix us up.) They stayed with me and we visited with Kate, Teri and Christine's friend from Waterloo who now lives up here in Ottawa. It was a weekend where I really started to feel a little old:
---Friday Night has really started to turn into a Girls Night At Die Höhle, including cooking dinner together instead of just ordering pizza
---Salad was served and I had two helpings of it
---There might have been a conversation about barbeques and wanting one
---Two letters - E.D.
---Christine slept in our guestroom, Die Höhle has a guestroom, all class
---Woke up in the morning and did dishes right away
---Kate, Christine, Teri and I went to a Sugar Bush on a Saturday morning
---Had to stop at Tim Horton's for coffee and Roll-Up-The-Rim
---We wanted to do an Easter Egg hunt at the Sugar Bush but were rejected because we weren't children, or with children
---Went to a movie that featured September 11th, which was 10 years ago
---Kate had crackers & cheese, along with spinach dip & pumpernickel for us to snack on at her apartment
---She lives in an amazing apartment downtown, complete with underground parking, art on the walls, and a flat screen TV
---We were called cougars in line at the bar
---Went to a party with a bunch of 30 year olds and fit right in
---Kate had her birthday, turned 25
--Got way too drunk and ended up ill, exhausted, and hungover for an entire day, I used to NEVER get hungover
What is happening to me? I'm getting so old!!

7 comments:

Jerrica said...

I love love love girls night!!

Unknown said...

Haha we are getting old!

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you post, choice look audacious for more interrelated articles soon as its united of my pet topic to read.

Unknown said...

what sugar bush did you go to? I want to take Pooh to a sugar bush.

Anonymous said...

Olde Stanley's Maple Farm south of Ottawa near Edwards. Make sure you visit Uncle Ken in the Sugar Shack!
- Kate

Anonymous said...

This post sums up the story of my life living in Castleton...

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.