Thursday 11 February 2010

And Now I Plan

I started coming across Moleskine products about a year ago. Every now and then, usually in a boutique style book store, I would see the notebooks and planners. As most people know, I have a bit of a love affair going on with my planner. I really wanted one of these!! It was thin, chic, and had a fun little history. (Used by Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, & Ernest Hemingway.) I looked on the website and decided very specifically that I wanted the Moleskine 2010 Large Weekly Planner Horizontal, which only comes in Black. It had the same style page layout as the planners I had been using all the way through university, it also was a similar size and shape. I put it on my list but it turns out, that specific kind wasn't really sold anywhere in Canada and was very difficult and expensive to ship here. Steph took up the challenge and arranged to have it sent to Dave's parents in Florida and then pick it up from them during a recent visit. She gave it to me last night and I am exstatic!! I have already moved everything from my old planner over and love everything about my new Moleskine. Another reason I wanted to post about this is that it provides a logical segway to mention this website I love; Stuff White People Like. It is hilarious, and of course it mentions Moleskines.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the first thing i thought of as I started reading this post was "stuff white people like". I think an audible "shucks" came from my mouth when you beat me to the punch at the end of the post.
A.

Fae said...

We sell those at my work and I always look at them! I want one, so I can go out and do sketches in the streets. There's also a really mini one with music bars, to jot down songs on the go. Which I don't write songs, but it's just such a cool idea I want a songbook moleskine in my purse!

Unknown said...

I am really glad you like it. To be honest, it was hard for me not to get one myself, but I only ever use planners for like a month. :)

Unknown said...

Haha I've never seen somebody get so excited about a planner before. And I thought I was organized!
Glad you finally got it Chris :)