Thursday 28 January 2010

Lives Up To The Hype!

Avatar
I just got back from seeing this in the theatre and it was an overwhelming, amazing, and intense experience. Everyone has been talking about it, most raving about it being unbelievably good. I was wondering if it really could live up to all the hype. If you haven't seen it yet, and JennB's brother told her she was the last person left to see it, then you must go. I don't care what excuse you have for not going, and I have heard a number of them, it really is incredible. It also, in some aspects, is very very bad. So don't go expecting a flawless movie by any stretch. However, the world is mind blowingly beautiful and the 3D technology is insanely impressive. JennB and I saw it in Imax 3D which was awesome, though I'm sure the Imax isn't necessary, but the 3D part is. Despite its glaring faults this movie really is a milestone in cinema which I will remember forever.

3 comments:

JennB said...

It was sooooooo good and soooooo bad at the same time.

Unknown said...

I'm going this Friday and I've heard similar feedback from other people who have seen it! I hope I don't feel sick during the movie though!

Fae said...

I absolutely loved it. Obviously it had its faults but I thought it was so well done. And the world of course was the best part, absolutely gorgeous. I saw it in Imax 3D too and can't imagine not seeing it like that.. because it just plops you right down in the middle of that incredible world.