Tuesday 13 October 2009

Halifax

Halifax is an awesome city. I have been three times now and always enjoy myself. It is so interesting and colourful. There is tons to do, even though I didn't really make it to any of the tourist places this time. Instead I got to hang out with my brother and had a couple of driving tours with Anna's Dad while hearing about Halifax history from a true Nova Scotian. Anna's parents also had a traditional Kitchen Party while I was there, complete with musicians playing banjos, fiddles, guitars, etc. I definitely joined in singing Barrett's Privateers, great song! Spending time with Little Brother Mike was so nice since he is rarely in Ontario anymore. The course he is on right now sounds pretty cool and he loves being in the Maritimes again. My parents are going out to visit him this coming weekend. I'm jealous and wish I could go again. Halifax such a nice place, you totally need to go if you haven't been there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks! Glad you had a good time.
A.

Anonymous said...

It sounds great and we are really looking forward to seeing Mike and Halifax again.
Mum

Jannedals said...

KITCHEN PARTIES ACTUALLY EXIST!!!

I had to watch a movie entitled Kitchen Party in my Cultural Geography class...thought it was a joke. Guess the joke's on me...

Anonymous said...

oh kitchen parties more than exist, they are popular.
A.

Anonymous said...

glad you and mike had such a good time and enjoyed some eastern fun .looking forward to our time this weekend dad