Thursday 22 October 2009

Glee

So many people have told me to start watching the new TV show - Glee. I hadn't gotten around to it until last night and I must say it did not disappoint. I had read a bunch of reviews where critics praised it and tons of my friends have raved about it. I thought it could never live up to the hype, however by the end of the first episode I was hooked. It sits on the great line between pure frivolous escapism and smart funny satire. (Plus it has some really cute guys in it who sing and dance, so hot!) You can catch most of the episodes online at Global TV Online and the rest is available on the deeper darker areas of the internet. I think it airs on television on Wednesday nights for the people who still enjoy things the old fashion way. Trust me on this, Glee will move you! (I think it is better watched in succession, but that might just be because I like to watch everything in order.)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I also watched this last night and agree completely that it is a really good show! Also, the guys are so pretty - oh so pretty.

Unknown said...

I finished West Wing :(

Great ending to the series, but I could not stop crying the whole episode. Partly because I'm sad its over, partly because it was sad, partly because it was happy. So many mixed emotions!

Teri

Anonymous said...

oh my god, I have so much work to do but now all I can think about is how much I want to see a full episode of Glee club. Trailers are the most amazing things.
A.

Anonymous said...

OMG I just watched a million Glee clips on YouTube at Leslie's and I'm now hooked - need to find episode 1!

Teri

Anonymous said...

Call me jaded, but this just appears too formulaic for me. I mean, the jock joining the glee club? Didn't Chris Klein do that in American Pie? In fact, is the similarity between him and whoever that guy is just a little striking? And the other little flamboyant guy joining the football team? Saved By The Bell was less surreal and believable. The only saving grace is Jane Lynch.

I want Undeclared back.

JJ said...

Glee is the best thing ever. I can't wait to buy the soundtrack.

It's not at all like American Pie because the jock is blackmailed into joining Glee. The gay guy is only the kicker on the football team. Hardly a taxing position. Dissing a show based on a trailer is a bit sad. I suppose you're undeclared DVDs will keep you warm. Keep on hating hater. The Gleeks will get that reference.

Anonymous said...

"Dissing a show based on a trailer is a bit sad"

Wow, it is a bit dumb to think I based it solely on the trailer because if so, I wouldn't have known about the episode in which Kurt joined the football team sharp one. To clarify since you lack critical reading comprehension, with the show featuring the hilarious Jane Lynch, I actually watched the pilot back in May and watched some of the episodes. Still, I decided it wasn't for me even with their catchy lines and 'references,' so thanks for coming out with your predictable hair splitting rationalizations; I already was aware of the plot details. Be sure to turn up that soundtrack when you buy it to avoid those knees jerking violently when hearing a dissenting opinion.

JJ said...

Riiiiiiiiiight. I'm the one taking it too seriously.