Sunday 19 July 2009

One A Year

Music is not an important part of my life. I love it but rarely listen to it, have none on my computer, and don't really own any CD's or music-listening-to-devices. However, this is not the case for my friends, they all love music, Jerrica especially. I have made a deal with her that I will go to one concert a year. They are always so expensive and unless I am truly in love with whoever is playing than I would rarely pick them as something to do. Last year we went to Foo Fighters and on Friday we saw Green Day. These are not the only concerts I have ever seen, I have actually been to quite a few of varying artists. However, as they were both at Scotia-Bank Place and fairly close together in time it is pretty easy to compare the two. First off, both were amazing concerts! However, I was surprised at how few Green Day songs I knew. I think the Foo Fighters only played about 2 or 3 that I didn't know all the words to but well over half of Green Day's set was completely new to me. This is strange because not only has Green Day been around for almost 10 years longer but also my brother owned a bunch of their CD's and I remember the band being played a lot when I was younger. Another thing, it is more relaxing to sit in seats like at Foo Fighters but the experience of the pit is so amazing it is hard to say I missed being in the stands. Both of those points being said, Green Day put on a better concert, connected better with fans, had wicked pyrotechnics, I really enjoy General Admission, and I would say as a whole it was a better concert. I now totally trust Jerrica's judgement on who to go see, though still only want to go to one a year or so.

No comments: