Wednesday 20 May 2009

My Urban Mountain

Today I climbed up Dunton Tower on campus. Yes, all 23 floors of it, (Though I took the elevator down.) The elevator only goes up to 22, but there is one extra staircase that goes up one more floor, to the roof I assume, I don't know since the door there was locked. It was way harder to do than I thought it would be. I was able to boot up it at a quick pace for the first 10-12 stories but then it was slower going after that. By the top I was a little dizzy and definitely breathing heavily. I wish I had a stop watch so I could measure how long it takes me, then I can try to improve my time. Now I'm just going to try to improve fitness level so that I can make it up quickly and not lose my breath.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I could do that...

Unknown said...

that's awesome - congrats.

Anonymous said...

Well done, what a great way to get exercise in any weather. I would find it boring though. I'd be curious how long it took you.
Mum

Ashwin said...

You should do it the way the French Spiderman does it, way easier...

Anonymous said...

Wow that is insane. I used to take the stairs (because I was afraid of the elevator) to like the 10th or 11th floor and then I would swallow my fear and take the elevator because the idea of walking up those many stairs makes me want to eat a cupcake!
Love, T

Anonymous said...

That is pretty rad! I would do the same at my building but we only have 4 floors...I guess I will just have to do them over and over again!

-A.