Sunday 24 May 2009

Breathing Warm Air

Step out into the sunshine which is neither too bright nor too warm, just the perfect amount of heat and light. The rush of sadness, nostalgia, and hope stir into a quick cocktail of emotions. A physical pull at the side of the mouth, the want to cry or maybe the twitch of a smile. That challenge of attempting to identify a feeling. Something that is new, fresh, and exciting while somehow at the same time familiar, harsh, and sad. The day is still perfect and summer is definitely here.

It pains me a bit to have to work inside at this conference during such a great day but I am happy that my birthday has such beautiful weather. While I can't really be out enjoying it much right now, save a quick walk during my lunch break, I am comforted by the plans ahead to read in a park or maybe a beach, jog down the side of the canal, and walk around my neighbourhood with friends. It is a good day and I think it will be an amazing summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday evening.
Mum