Wednesday 22 April 2009

Tristen and Kaylor

There is a little bit of back story needed here. These are two of my closest friends, I love them and can sing nothing but their praises, and some Disney songs. Both have finished their degrees and are moving away from Ottawa this weekend. It is so hard to see them go as they are a big part of my life here, lump in my throat. I met Kristen in the first week of first year (well, her first year.) Through Kristen I met Taylor, who I became friends with in second year. What should also be noted is that a lot of the memories I have of them from the last year or so are also tied to Heather, who thankfully is staying around for at least the summer.
In rough chronological order, I will always remember...
-meeting Kristen in first year French where I terrified her and forced her to be my friend
-never learning that 'Je suis une chat' means 'I am a cat'
-going as a guest to the cafeteria
-getting kicked off their residence floor for having alcohol in the hallway
-discovering The Lonely Island
-cooking Kristen perogies at Glen
-studying for Human Rights with Kristen and Taylor from a page of predetermined questions
-the Gentleman way
-hanging out in Taylor's big room on the first floor of 998
-Socrates and Jesus
-meeting M- during a random make-out at the bar
-Taylor's issues with pee and Kristen's issues with first dates
-the Numa Numa dance
-Kristen milking her birthday for weeks on end and me milking a break up to go to Pizza Hut
-Kings
-being quoted in a number of articles both for The Charleton and journalism classes
-having Kristen stay with me at Le Manoir off and on throughout the summer she was Productions Editor
-Kristen always convincing me that we should just walk downtown
-Taylor as a raptor
-nights sleeping on the futon
-Jeopardy
-being told that a box of chicken fingers and a bag of baby carrots does not count as a dinner
-visiting Kristen at work both at the Charleton and Smithbooks
-Kristen crashing on my futon after watching Amanda Bynes
-fierce Wednesdays with the girls along with dinner and great desserts
-painting Die Höhle
-going camping and having Taylor cook incredible meals over a fire
-being 110% sure
-the alcove becoming the cubical
-creating strange sound effects for rummy, the birth of a cow, and what a raccoon says, 'heeeey'
-babysitting Friends DVD's for over a year
-offering to help paint Taylor's new house but just ending up drinking for the whole weekend
-downey paper, the plastic lattice, and fear of sleeping with Kristen
-Taylor's short bangs
-being purposed to by Adam, as Eve, at The Big Apple
-issues with Acers
-going to see a show about sex put on by children
-photoshoots
-playing rummy, learning honeymoon bridge, and teaching two handed euchre
-Kristen's strange eyelash
-falling in love with Taylor's bed and sleeping in it whenever she wasn't there
-picking Taylor up from the airport
-all nighters in the library, frantically trying to print, rushing around campus, only to find out that St. Pats was locked
-Mark's Easter egg hunt
-Guuuuuy La Douche
-winning at the Wii because I was the only one who was sober
-Mark getting ready to lunge and me screaming while Kristen did nothing
-sleeping with Kristen when I was scared of the monsters
-Taylor leaving her mark on Ottawa and the walk home along the canal
.... and so many more that it is impossible to list them all. While new memories are sure to be made I will miss having Taylor and Kristen living just around the corner. I love them both so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love you Chris. Some of my favourite (and maybe worst) memories have you in. Thank you for that post - it made Fristen cry (great). I will REALLY REALLY miss you.
Here are some of my favourite memories of you:
- the phrase ra-ta-ta-ta-too (I still don't know what it means, but I love it)
- Boogle and how SURE you are about words that don't exist
- Seeing you on days without your ADD meds - just awesome
- our intense Taylor-Chris talks at the kitchen table while I make dinner out of a bag of baby carrots
- adding the prefix 'the' to everything for added importance
- seeing you naked in our apartment (can I say that without it sounding creepy?)
- your blog... for amusing me, for making me cry and giving me something to read in the morning with my tea
- Hummus. Enough said.
- the captivating tone of your voice while you tell stories that have no real conclusion
- your adorable pirate "wink"

Chris I had so much fun this year. I am going to use your piano as leverage to make sure we always stay in touch. Thank you Chris... for everything.

Love and miss you already,
(Wife) T

Christine Sweeton said...

Oh I was going to add some those but forgot. (I'm such a Boggle Bitch.) Love you both. Sorry to have made Kristen cry, just giving you an intro to your next couple of days. It is like essay writing all over again. Much love.