Tuesday 21 April 2009

Or So I Thought

Breathing stops, at the mention of a name
I look away
I thought it all had left, as quickly as it came
-
I had thought our eyes were meeting
I still dream
Moments that seemed so very fleeting
-
Needing a challenge, I aimed so high
I felt hope
But looked as though, I was going to cry
-
Awkward and small, I stared at the ground
I don't regret
It took quite a while, but courage I found
-
Said it was alright, when nothing happened
I was lying
A reference is made and my heart quickened
-
Broke so long ago but the pain is still there
It is time
Wishing for something to come and repair
-
I thought I was over him
I thought I was over you
I thought it was good
I thought it was gone
-
But my breathing stops
At the mention of a name
--Christine Sweeton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad, but as always, courageous!
Mum

Anonymous said...

Oh Chris.... I love you for being brave and trying regardless. It is obviously his stupid, stupid loss for passing up a beautiful, funny and (poetic) wonderful person. We can add him to the ass prick club if that will make you feel better?

Love, T