Monday 9 March 2009

Sore Muscles And Shattered Ideas

Over the past few years I have figured out that a steady combination of taking my medicine, working out, and having protein at breakfast will lead to some of the happiest and most productive days of my life. I have been good with my pills for a long time now but as usual I'm not very good about eating well or getting enough exercise. This weekend I went to work out at school with Anna. Before we left I had breakfast; a bagel with cream cheese on one half and nutella on the other. I consider this pretty much the best breakfast for me. I need the protein in the nutella to get my day going but I don't like nutella enough to have it on both sides. I was telling this to Anna when she informed me that there was probably more protein in the cream cheese. Turns out she was right, shattering my understanding about my perfect nutella protein breakfast. She then suggested that perhaps I need the sugar in the nutella, so I'm going to stick with this breakfast for a while longer since what ever it is, it seems to work well for me. We then went to the campus gym, which was awesome! I'm still sore from it but it was good. I learned a lot about free weights and hope to continue exercising on a regular bases. Weekends with Anna. Thursdays with Steph. Tuesday morning yoga. Soon I hope to be running outside and training again for a 5k.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are working out and starting to eat proper breakfasts.

I also plan on getting my butt outside once the good weather shows up.

Also - Nutella is the most 'awesomest' thing ever. How can you not want to have it on both sides of your bagel?!?!

Anonymous said...

Probably shouldn't read the nutella label. Anyway its certainly steps in the right direction.
Mum