Sunday 8 March 2009

Overheard Three Times

I'm going to preface this by saying that it is Roll Up The Rim time at Tim Horton's, in case anyone has been living under a rock and didn't notice. In two days, Friday and Saturday, I heard the same conversation three times. It was always two girls (or women) talking to each other. One tells the other how she (or a friend of hers) has won a free coffee on a free coffee. It is incredible, they go in to purchase a coffee and through Roll Up The Rim win a free one. The next time they go in and claim this free one. After they drink it, they Roll Up The Rim and win a free coffee again. This is not exciting, this is not really something to tell someone about after the fact. This is really not something to relay to others if it happened to a friend. Fun to tell whom ever you are with when it actually happens as it is an amusing coincidence, but really not a great story for later. Come on, we have heard about this phenomenon before. (In fact way back before Roll Up The Rim during a Coke promotion, Teri had a fairly long string of winning a Free Coke on a Free Coke.) Nothing new.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I remember that back when we used to get it after dance class. wow, clearly I lead a boring life if I told that story to you...hopefully you were just with me at the time...

Teri

Unknown said...

Someone told me the exact same story today, twice! Hahaha.

Of course, it's almost as exciting as the time you couldn't fit the automotive class into your schedule. <3

Anonymous said...

well...someone sounds a little bitter they haven't won a free coffee on a free coffee I think.
A.

Anonymous said...

OK, I love roll up the rim time and I think those of us who give Tim's too much money over the year are glad to get something back. Its also a sure sign that winters nearly over and spring is coming, so any chat about RUTR is really about - "thank god its nearly over".
Mum

Anonymous said...

excuse me, but it is exciting. Erin and I never win at them, and the last time we purchased timmy ho's together, still nada. Why doesn't starbucks have roll-up rims huh?? I'd be an effin' millionaire by now!!

-bitter A.