Monday 2 February 2009

Simile - Not A Metaphor

Barney: You don't bring a date to a wedding. That's like bringing a deer carcass on a hunting trip. Oh Ted. Oh Ted. No, No, No date.
Ted: Deer carcass? Really? That's the metaphor you're going with here?
Barney: Ted, it's a simile.
--From How I Met Your Mother

I love this. I love this show. I love this quote. Teri has been on my case for months to get me to start watching it and now I finally am. It is smart, it is funny, and it seriously represents life right now for me and my peers. Also, the simile/metaphor mix up is one of my pet peeves, so I love that they made a joke on it. (Oh, and Barney is played by Neil Patrick Harris, who everyone loves. NPH!!)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hahahahaha

Article 141 A Bro can only get a manicure if (a) he's trying to sleep with the hot Asian woman preforming the manicure, or (b) it's been longer than a month since his last manicure. It's called the Bro Code, not the Slob Code.

Unknown said...

WWNPHD

Anonymous said...

That is so Steak Sauce!

Teri

Anonymous said...

He is also from Dr.Horrible's Sing Along Blog, which ALSO has Mal from Firefly....ahhhhhh what a combo

-A.