Friday 6 February 2009

New York Pics

I have been meaning to post some pictures from New York. I tend to blog about a trip before I go, quickly once or twice while I'm there, do a long highlight post after, and then much later put up what I think are my best pictures. Hard to say what my best pictures were because it was a short trip and I didn't really get a lot of great shots. I wasn't awake or outside during good light for photos, it was winter but not really white, and I wasn't focused on photography. I have picked these two because I think they look really gritty and they make me feel like New York. I love the grainy black and white style, it isn't clean, it isn't clear, and it isn't perfect but they remind me of the trip. First is from the top of Rockefeller Centre at night, looking south over New York with the Empire State Building in the centre. The other is of the large pond in central park with big beautiful Upper East Side apartment buildings.

No comments: