Thursday 26 February 2009

Mini Diary

TIME: Night
I am sleeping in Taylor's bed. I normally sleep on the couch when I stay over at TKH's apartment but since Taylor was away I slept in her bed. The bed is amazing! It is the softest, most comfortable bed in the whole world, even better than my own which I have now decided is the second most comfortable bed in the world after sleeping in Taylor's.
TIME: 7:00
The alarm goes off. I want to sleep more so I set the alarm again for 8:00 and think to myself that I can be in my own bed sleeping at 2:30.
TIME: 8:00
Wake up, pack my things, and get ready to head to work. This does include brushing my teeth with toothpaste and my finger as well as sitting on the bed staring blankly and for no reason at the clock for 6 minutes. I am thankful that it is only 6 and a half hours away from 2:30 when I can sleep.
TIME: 8:45
I arrive at work and check my e-mail. I eat a Crunchie chocolate bar for breakfast that I randomly had stashed in my desk. I read the Daily, an e-mail that updates the high level activities for the different areas of the department. I reply to and send a whole bunch of e-mails to people in preparation for the three articles that I have to write over the next week. The research stage is nearly finished. I can sleep at 2:30.
TIME: 9:30
The admin assistant tells me that I need to tell her what days and hours I intend to work in April. My boss isn't going to be in until later so I discuss the issue with the acting manager and then my editor. We decide on full days Tuesdays and Thursdays. This entire process takes much longer than it should. It is either because I'm very tired or because I work for the government, one of these things will be fixed at 2:30
TIME: 10:30
While riding the bus I do some last minute studying on the way to campus. For the most part I just daydream about 2:30 and being in my bed sleeping.
TIME: 11:00
I sit outside the class room to read my study notes again. I can't wait for this 3 hour class to be over. Then I realise that the class actually ends at 2:30 so it will even later before I get to be home in bed.
TIME: 11:35
Class starts and the midterm is handed out. I recognize all the questions and am not surprised by them. I do however not know or have forgotten about half of the answers to them. I start to fill in what I know. I am happy to hear that the midterm is for the full 2 hour lecture, we can leave when we are done, and that our 1 hour discussion group that usually starts at 1:30 is cancelled. Maybe I will get home and be sleeping by 2:30.
TIME: 12:15
I finish the midterm really quickly and I will definitely fail it. I'm glad to have at least gone to class, put the effort it, and done some studying. I will have to pick it up more in this class though. I decide to take the bus home instead of the 5 minute walk. I'm just so tired and can't wait for my 2:30 bedtime
TIME: 1:00
I have settled into bed after making it home and changing into pajamas. I call Jerrica to see how she is feeling and find out that she is working the long shift today so I won't see her until much later. I check my e-mail, Facebook, and post on my blog. I intend to probably watch an episode or two of 30 Rock online before going to sleep around 2:30.
TIME: 2:30
S-L-E-E-P-I-N-G

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm sorry your midterm didn't go better! But I'm glad your day was okay all things considered! Sleep well!

Anonymous said...

My bed is really comfy! It's the two inches of memory foam I have on there! Should I be creeped out that in the span of a week you've been stalking me AND sleeping in my bed??
Love, T