Tuesday 6 January 2009

No Cure

I can't believe that there is still no cure for the common cold. I'm lying in bed today with a sore throat and cold. My nose is both runny and stuffed up. When ever I see those two listed on medicine containers I laugh. How can someone have both? How can something relieve both? Then when ever I get a cold I remember how it feels, how absolutely horrible it all feels, and how having both is so very possible. Medicine doesn't help though, it just hides and masks the symptoms, which means you can work your body harder then you should. All yesterday I popped the pills, pain killers, cold meds, etc. But that is just going to prolong it all, and eventually it stopped really working. I'm resting today, just resting, made myself some chicken soup....and am going to sleep....a lot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Chris. <3

Erin said...

I took a day off today too, told you it was only going to go downhill from here. Try smelling something spicy, that'll clear ya right up. And if it doesn't best to eat it. That sure will. Get better!

Anonymous said...

You know what works? Gargling salt water, and pouring salt water up your nose...I realize it sounds weird, but it works like a charm...temporarily but I find it works much better than medicine.

Feel better soon!

Teri