Monday 22 December 2008

Photoshop

Steph loaded Photoshop onto The LittlePet (my laptop) and taught me the very basics. I really miss Kodax Easy Share, which is a photo editing program that I swear is designed for 4 year olds. I got it when I got my first digital camera. After that first one was stolen at a party and I got my current one I still used Easy Share. Right now, all I do to my photos is rotate them, crop them, take the red eye out, and sometimes turn them into black and white. On rare occasions I might mess with the lightness or saturation, but not often. My current camera is a Canon so it came with PictureProject, which I hate as a editing program. I use it to get the photos off my camera and that is it. Despite wishing Photoshop was easier, I am really excited to learn how to use its more advanced features. I have a Media Photography class coming up next semester and I hope I learn something about it there. Once I get really good I may post some Before and After shots.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are looking forward to learning more about Photoshop - it trul yis amazing! I don't know how I lived without it.

Once I get my notes organized I can send you a copy of them so you can see what you may like to try - if you want.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, some day (maybe when I am retired) I would like to take the time and learn how to use it.
Mum