Wednesday 3 December 2008

Not An Overload

I thought that perhaps my insane exam schedule was an overload. Even if it was I was still going to power through it since doing deferred exams later on really sucks. Out of curiosity I checked today to see if it was and turns out it actually isn't. Carleton defines an exam overload as:
3 or more examinations scheduled in 3 consecutive periods,
4 or more examinations scheduled in 5 consecutive periods,
5 or more examinations scheduled in 7 consecutive periods.
Well it turns out that I am 3 in 5 which is considered acceptable so it isn't an overload situation. I'm actually glad because if it was I would be really really tempted right now to bump one off until later since I'm super stressed about all of them. Each one is really demanding in its own way and while I have been fairly good about keeping up with my classes I don't feel prepared at all. It is all happening so fast but it will all be over soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These were my thoughts every exam season. I usually had something like you do now, 3 in 5 or 3 in 4 or something equally as close to an overload. It is stressful and crazy and everything else you can think of, but you are smart and can perservere through this :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, it'll be over soon and you'll be in NYC! Good luck, Chris!