Thursday 25 December 2008

Night Devine

Christmas Day is drawing to a close. It was a really nice day. We went in the early evening to go and see the Simcoe Light Display. I think it is officially called 'Simcoe Panorama.' A long time ago, whenever we celebrated Christmas in London at my Grandmothers house we would go to Victoria Park to see the lights and stuff there. It was always really fun as a kid. Big industrial paper-mache reindeer, wisemen, and such. There are even pictures of my and Mike as babies bundled up in a sled and being pulled around the displays in Victoria Park. The Simcoe Display is obviously closer to home as it is only a half hour drive away. Not ever on Christmas Day but sometimes during the season we would go and visit it. Sometimes we went with our family friends, The Smiths. We have also seen the Christmas Lights at Niagara Falls but they are more something to drive around looking at than walk. Also I think a few years we saw something in Orangeville where my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins live. It was cool to do a light display thing again on actual Christmas, like we used to in London.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing to do in Calgary is go see the Calgary Zoo Lights display, which I have NEVER SEEN.
Clearly this would have been the perfect date for a certain someone and myself, but then that certain someone had to go get their pelvis broken...I swear to god...
I'm in Victoria for a couple of days here so you won't be able to get a hold of me until the new year. Have a good one though!!

-A.