Sunday 12 October 2008

Learning With The Berenstain Bears

There was a Berenstain Bears book when I was younger about kids having temper tantrums, especially in public when shopping. When I go grocery shopping, while I don't have temper tantrums, I always tend to buy more then I need/should/want/thought/can afford. The solution in the book was that ahead of time the kids got told that they were allowed to pick one treat. If they made a fuss before the check-out then they didn't get their chosen treat, and if they had a tantrum later on it got taken away. Well I worked in the book for Brother and Sister Bear, I thought it might work for me too. When I last went shopping I got everything on my list, but I was allowed one extra thing that wasn't written down. Even though I saw a number of things that I wanted, I only got one. You are never too old to learn from children's books.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAME!
Well I guess that's good for you.
I prefer the morals taught my Dr.Seuss myself - Sneetches with Stars and those without stars on thars. They all got along eventually...I think this means that people should stop getting those star tattoos because a. it doesn't make them cooler and b. they're ugly and boring anyway (sorry Cristina...good thing she doesn't read this blog)
-A.

Anonymous said...

Cute Blog. I don't think it's lame but then I was always a sucker for the B Bears and hey if it helps change a beh you want to change - who cares if it's lame!
Mum

Unknown said...

I know what book you are speaking of - I too read the Bears.

Anonymous said...

great idea i love the bears too dad