Friday 19 September 2008

The Fall Sun

Sun light in autumn seems sharper. It cuts through the crisp mornings bringing hope of warmth later in the day. I wake up to see white strips of light across the end of my bed and the sun comes in from the small window. Sitting up, its intensity is so strong I can seen the dust particles suspended and dancing in the air. Thousands of tiny stars, in the day time, in my room, reminding me of minuscule fireflies. I want to keep gazing at them, or the patterns of light and shadow on the blankets around my feet but I lie back down. My head on the cool pillow, nose under the sheet. Planning to doze until the afternoon, a luxury that is new to me and not yet taken advantage of. The life of a student, no routine and inverted sleep patterns. I feel the weight of the blankets against my body and the weight of the world lifting away. In bed, asleep, under the fall sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the run Chris!!

Teri

Anonymous said...

Ditto!

-A.