Sunday 21 September 2008

Army Run

I ran the First Annual Canadian Army Run today. I have been trying to train for the 5k for most of the summer. My mom and Erin joined me and we all did really well. Erin wanted to run it in under half an hour and her time was 28:28.7. It was hard to tell our times since results were calculated using a chip sensor worn on our shoes. We had to wait until we got home and checked a website to know for sure. Mom wanted to be under 35min and she was pretty much exactly even, coming in at 35:00.9, and not stopping once. Unlike Erin and Mom, I did have to walk some bits, but ran the entire first and last kilometer, then intermittently in between. I was hoping to do it in less than an hour, but was actually wanting do to it in less then 45mins. I got 44:22.0, which I'm really proud of. There were over 7000 people registered for the event, about 3500 in the 5k. Running with that many people was strange, and waiting at the starting line in such a big crowd was intense. I want to do it again next year, but it is getting cold so I'm going to switch to swimming instead of running until spring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chris!!!...and in the morning too!

Teri

Unknown said...

Wow - you all did so well. :) Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Chris! I'm so proud of you! :)See you tomorrow!!!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chris that's awesome! All three of you did really well!