Tuesday 12 August 2008

Ignoring The Cravings

I don't know why but I'm really craving fried potatoes. Either chips (ideally Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion) or fries (ideally McDonald's with Sweet and Sour Sauce). I rarely get really strong cravings for things and I tend to believe that when they happen it is your body telling you something. In this case I think my body is wrong. I am doing fine for starches, fats and salt (which is pretty much all I would get from eating chips or fries, not a lot of nutritional value there.) What I really need to more fruits and vegetables, since I'm out of fresh ones and have not had as much as I should these past few days. So this time, I'm going to ignore my body to a certain extent and have some canned veggies, either corn or green beans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, if you sautee mushrooms they will help satisfy your craving for fries. They release some kind of similar chemical.

Kristin