Friday 30 May 2008

Power In The Click

Visiting my usual daily sites and I noticed that One Sentence has a new feature. Unapproved. The guy that runs the site has a certain vision for the type of stuff that should appear and doesn't want to give up even a little bit of control to someone else. Mind you, he set up this new feature to give some power to the people. This new 'Unapproved' page displays a single random unapproved sentence and then asks you whether the sentence should be published on the site. You can answer yes, no, or skip it. Once you vote, you’re presented with another random sentence. I could do this forever. I used to love the rating style sites; 'Hot or Not.' 'Rate My Kitten.' This one is even better, it feels almost literary, I am deciding on whether I think the words in the sentence flow and evoke emotion. I have become an editor of sorts, but in a process that is so simple, I just click!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the new feature! It's proven helpful already in helping me discover submissions from a year ago that are really good. I wonder if the submitters are surprised when they get an e-mail about their approval a year later... :)


... Ryan
onesentence.org