Sunday 20 April 2008

Eating Sushi

I went to Kinki's Friday night with Anne and her friends. There are a surprising number of sushi restaurants in town, despite our great distance from any ocean. Ami introduced me to the Japanese food a couple years back and it took me a while to like it. Now I really enjoy it and wish I could eat it more often. I had never been to Kinki's which is probably the most posh of all sushi places in Ottawa. We were there for Happy Hour which is basically 2 for 1 sushi. It is right in the market, is pretty fancy, has great decor, and really good cocktails. The sushi was awesome. Maybe it was because I hadn't had it in a while but it tasted amazing. I was also surprised that there was so many pieces and that they were so big. I got a Rainbow with raw tuna, salmon, red snapper, yellowtail, mackerel, and avocado rolled over a California roll. Normally I pick something a little more tame than that, but I was feeling daring. I can't wait to go again. (Picture: Yummy Sushi, by Will.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice scarf!
A.

Unknown said...

you look so pretty and sophisticated in that picture.

Anonymous said...

I love sushi!

Teri

Anonymous said...

It is a nice scarf, but I must admit the best part about this whole post is that you made Will sound like some professional photographer who put a lot of thought into the title of his photo hahaha

Anonymous said...

Kinki's sushi is so so. Can't compare with other sushi places.