Friday 28 March 2008

Odd Book Titles

There’s an annual prize awarded at the Frankfurt Book Fair for the book with the weirdest title. Here are some of the winners;
-I Was Tortured By The Pigmy Love Queen
-Oral Sadism And The Vegetarian Personality

-How To Avoid Huge Ships
-Highlights In The History Of Concrete
-Greek Rural Postmen And Their Cancellation Numbers

-Stray Shopping Carts Of Eastern North America: A Guide To Field Identification
I think the last one sounds genuinely interesting, you always see shopping carts around in weird places, identifying them and tracking them isn't much more strange than birding. I know this because I have relatives who are birders. My favorite though is The Bookseller Magazine Diagram Prize winner for the oddest title of the year, If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best book ever - although the title is really all I need to read.
T