Wednesday 27 February 2008

Stressed And Upset

Last week I worked very very hard on a presentation for an upcoming project at work. I had researched and compared a number of proposals from venues, as we are having a large workshop. I gave the presentation to a committee of my boss, her boss, and other important people. It went over well. Everyone was impressed. We picked a venue and date. After sending rejection e-mails to the other locations I started dealing with the hotel we had chosen. Then the committee decided to push forward the date by a few weeks. This started a three day battle between me and the committee, and me and the hotel. We finally all reached a good compromise, I get the contract and am moments away from signing, when I notice we will be on the line for a large number of guest rooms. I need them, but we can't pay the hotel if we don't fill them, as it is not a good use of taxpayers money. Another fight ensues, me trying to drop our obligation to fill the rooms, or to lower the number we need, so that we are absolutely sure we can fill them. This changes everything, the lower the guest rooms the higher the other costs, as it is a sliding scale not previously explained to me. After spending all day going over these details, I receive news that the hotel will offer me the original contract, but cannot make ANY changes, so I accept the large number of guest rooms or I'm totally out of luck. Well I'm beyond out of luck because that basically means I'm at square one again. I'm so tried and so upset and I'm looking at another two or three straight days work on this stupid thing. I'm already behind about two or three days on my other tasks. I'm scared, I'm annoyed, I'm stressed, I'm sad, and I'm pissed off!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! now I understand why I was getting emails that simply said - overworked, stressed.
I am so sorry work was hard th epast couple of days (or rather weeks since that is how long you have been quiet on the email).