Sunday 24 February 2008

The Plague

I was very lucky in my high school years to have escaped the bad skin that happens to many people around that time. I rarely got zits, and never had to wash my face more then a quick splash of water in the mornings. It seems my body is now making up for lost time. Now, in my early 20's it is as if I have caught the plague. My face is always breaking out, I have multiple zits at one time, and no amount of washing, with facewash seems to help. It is most frustrating. It start about a year or so ago, I would get one or two pimples of substantial size on my chin or forehead right before my period. Now it doesn't appear to matter where in my cycle I am, my face is covered in them. I sometimes even have to wear cover-up, which is crazy for me, as I only every like to put on make-up when I'm going out somewhere special. I am actually out of facewash, from using it so much, and tomorrow I'm off to buy some. I don't know what to get, I just need something to make it stop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drink LOTS of water. It helps to flush the toxins out of your body. Also, try The Body Shop for face wash. They have some really good skincare products that aren't too expensive, and its I believe some of their products are hypo-allergenic, if not all of them. Try to stay away from anything with a scent, or has alcohol as an ingredient. Both can irritate your skin, and make your skin more inflamed. Umm, thats about all I know. Oh, and stay away from foods with a lot of sugar. They used to say it was a myth that sugary foods caused acne, but my sister went to the doctor and she told her that it CAN cause your skin to flare up.
Hope this helps!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Chris, I cannot believe you actually just wrote that. You HARDLY have them all over your face. But drinking water, less chips / candy, and keep your skin moisturized since when it gets too dry you tend to break out because it creates its own oils or something like that.

Teri

Unknown said...

Ahhh I have this exact same problem! And I don't really know how to deal with it because I got so used to having good skin! *sigh*

Heather