Thursday 7 February 2008

Beavertail Cheating

I had my first Beavertail of the season this afternoon. I think I cheated though, because I had it on the canal, but wasn't skating. I was walking home from work, and instead of walking up the stairs across the bridge over the canal and then back down the stairs, I cut across the ice as the canal was open for skating. Not only was I not skating, but I was also lazily shortening my route home. They are getting really expensive though and I don't know how many more I will have this winter, $3.75 for the basic one. I love them, so tasty, and even the name sounds patriotic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter if you weren't skating! Beavertails are amazing! I would have done the same thing. :)

Kristin

Anonymous said...

It's all about mental manipulation. If you think you want to take a cab home - instead walk home, take the shortcut and buy the beavertail - the exercise compensates (probably doesn't but I can make it work in my mind) and the 10 saved on the cab justifies the 3.75 on the snack.
Bow to the master of rationalization.
Mum