Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year

To all those who drank, and those who stayed sober,
To the screamers and cheerers, and ones who are somber,
From my place in the hot tub, looking at stars,
I think of the millions in clubs and in bars.
I think of my family and friends everywhere.
Celebrating it all with their own little flair,
Some working hard with their house party hosting,
Others looking on with their champagne toasting.
Everyone lift up your glasses,
Whether it's home by the fire or out with the masses,
Health and happiness to all, best wishes and cheers.
Lets do this again, for many more years.
-C.S.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, show off, much better poem than mine. I enjoyed it.
Mum

Unknown said...

I like it

Anonymous said...

nice poem. How was your New Year's?

Teri

Anonymous said...

good poem . dad