Wednesday 26 December 2007

Tear Jerker

I love movies that that appeal to both genders. One of my Top Five Favorite Movies is High Fidelity (Teri gave it to me for Christmas this year.) It is a great movie because although it is a romance and deals with relationship themes, it is from a male perspective, and guys like it. It is a chick-flick for guys. In the opposite sense I think of Man On Fire as a action-flick with depth. Not really for girls, but girls can love it because they can get behind the emotions of the story and the art of the movie. The cinematography and music is amazing, and is used in such a way that the graphic scenes seem a little less gory. My dad describes the end as a 'tear jerker' but I think this is an understatement as I was balling. I have seen it twice now and am shocked that it really hasn't gotten the recognition it deserves, it really is a quality movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIGHT ON dad

Anonymous said...

I like it as well.
Teri