Sunday 2 December 2007

The Love Machine

The band I'm writing a profile on for The Charlatan is amazingly good. I'm not known for my good taste in music, actually I'm not known for any taste in music as I never listen to any. Seriously, I was the strangest choice to write on music for the arts section of a newspaper. Mind you, the editor didn't know I'm not a music person, which according to some makes me inhuman. I really feel that you should check this band out though. The Love Machine is from Ottawa and it is so important to support Canadian artists. I like their sound, but get back to me on it and let me know if you agree with my taste. You can find out more about them on their website and hear a couple tracks on their MySpace. Although I'm sure there are similarities between lots of Canadian bands. The experiences in this industry probably happen to everyone in it. But I think there are really cool parallels to Little Brother Mike's band (See Link on Right.) Both bands are all young guys in their early twenties, both the drummers names are Mike. Both just finished a tour out east, and have recently bought band vans. The list goes on. (Ignore the style of music, I only wish I enjoyed Our Lady Of Bloodshed as much as The Love Machine it would make me feel like a better sister.)

No comments: