Thursday 4 October 2007

Tocktober

October maybe Breast Cancer month. (And my boss maybe letting me order the pink Sharpies that give money towards research.) But according to Cute Overload (See link on Right) it is also the month to celebrate cute animal behinds, or 'tocks'. Tocktober. I love it! Though I prefer to say 'bum' since it just seems to be a funnier word, I giggle every time I say it. Hehe 'bum'. I have to say I can see the draw to animal bums. My favorite part of Toby is his little bunny bum with the little rabbit tail, oh so cute. I also love it when I'm biking home along the canal and the ducks dip completely upside down in the water to get the weeds, Duck Bum's. For some reason in my head when I see them doing that I think that they are 'dabbling', I don't know why I think it is called that, I'm sure it isn't. Maybe I read it somewhere, perhaps in this childhood book I had called 'Ducks Don't Get Wet' which was really sciency for a kids book. So maybe not in there, since I'm almost certain that 'Ducks a'dabbling' is not a scientifically accurate phrase about duck behaviour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's from a childrens poem. The only part I can remember is "Ducks are a dabbling, Up tails all". Granny might know.
Mum