Sunday 23 September 2007

Another Great Combo

Every now and then TV delivers an amazing combination. Tonight it was Family Guy and Star Wars. I can't even figure out which I love more. I just finished watching an hour long Family Guy show that 'retells' the 4th episode of Star Wars (A New Hope). When I was younger I used to watch the 'original three' Star Wars movies all the time. They are so exciting and fun. They remind me of good times with my family. When they got re-released into theatre I saw each one, including A New Hope in the US with my family when we were on our way back from somewhere. Family Guy reminds me of hours spent in the common room of Steph, Em, and my rez room with tons of people. It is so funny and shocking. We watched the first three seasons, over and over again. So to me, Family Guy means University, friends, and independence. To put the two together is just amazing. TV has such gems sometimes.

No comments: