Wednesday 25 July 2007

Splitting Shins

I hung out the past two nights with Kristen. She is back in Ottawa for her usual one week a month to work on the university paper. She is killing me. She never has any bus tickets and wants to walk everywhere. It takes my all to drag her onto a bus. She thinks it is nothing to walk downtown, which is a good 4km away. My ankles are sore, I have a shooting pain up the foot and shin of one leg, and I'm exhausted. Biking everywhere makes me impatient at the amount of time it takes to walk somewhere. I also don't like the negative effect it has on my body, since I'm rarely wearing the right shoes. I know it is exercise and it is good to spend time outdoors but walking sucks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love walking! But I understand the frustration if you bike, I used to bike and would get very annoyed at walking. Miss you, talk to you soon!

Love, Teri