Thursday 26 July 2007

Clowning Around

I went to see my first show at Arts Court. People always talk about this venue and friends have gone to see a huge range of things there, but I had never been. It is amazing. It contains a little theatre where I went to see Bubkus, a one-man clown drama. It is a long story of how I ended up in this little theatre watching this amazing show but basically I had no idea what I was going to see. Having always been fairly ambivilant to clowns I wasn't anticipating much. I was definitaly blown away by Jesse Buck's performance. Moving, touching, and absolutly halerious. Manly though, it is impossible to describ in a way that really does the experience any justice. If you are able to catch it in Ottawa at Arts Court before the show ends on July 29th I suggest you do. He is also touring around and can be seen in Toronto. Check out his website and trust me that it is something you would enjoy.

No comments: