Tuesday 24 July 2007

Missing Summer

I'm sitting here at The Charleton office again, helping a little bit with the newspaper. I throw my two cents in and do a bit of copy editing. It makes me want to apply for a position here. I won't, since I think it will be easier all around if I just hang out and help out a lot. I'm sure once school starts I will be super busy as will the office here making it less fun and peaceful. I look out over the rooftops of my university to a cloudy blue sky stretching out away from me. I feel like I'm missing out on summer again. I want to feel the warm wind stirring my hair and the sweet smell of lightly sweaty skin. I need to be tanned and my hair to be lightened, strung with shinning copper strands. Running barefoot through wet grass or soft sand. I want the summers of my childhood. I want the long, easy, peaceful days and nights without work, school, or responsibility.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't we all... *sigh*
Summertime is when I miss being a kid the most. I always had so much fun, and I have so many good memories. Try and come up to the cottage next week.
Talk to you soon

Kristin D.

Anonymous said...

Try and get out and enjoy some of the summer, its too short and you don't want to miss it.
Mum

Anonymous said...

If you latch onto a full-time position at the Charlatan, you will never know any other life. It will consume ALL your resources. Take it from someone who has been there. Then again, I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything in the world, so.
Hope y'all are having a good time at A's cottage.