Sunday 10 June 2007

Warm and Sunny

It is days like today that make me want to be at my cottage so bad it hurts. A light breeze, bright blue sky with little white clouds, deliriously warm. I need to be on sand, or lying in one of the hammocks snoozing, maybe swimming or sailing. I want my skin to darken and my hair to turn copper. I need to be outside by the water, warm and relaxed by the waves. Instead I have to either watch lectures on the TV or type up notes on the computer. Everything right now is inside, even working out, I do Yoga in air conditioning, stretching and connecting to the earth through the carpet. I work under florescent lights, the only task that allows me to feel the sun on my face is taking out the garbage or cleaning the front tables. I know it doesn't have to be like that (well it does for the studying) and that Ottawa offers warmth, sun, and beauty outside. I'm going to have to spend sometime at one of the city beach's, bike along the canal, suntan on the roof, or hang out on my green lawn and look at all my flowers that are now blooming. Still it isn't the same as Long Point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Long Point was lovely this weekend, but sorry no hammocks out yet and we would have made you work- so much yet to do. We will get you home later in the summer when it'r roasting and you need the breeze off the water and the shade for the hammocks and theres not so much to be done.
Enjoy your garden though, it is a lovely spot. Could you type up notes outside, with an extension cord?
Mum